Friday, June 09, 2006

Day 36-42:
Its been a while.... here is the lst week wrapped up

Monday we spent some time in the Derbyshire record office and I founs some great records on woman emigrating to S. Africa
I finally got to see the Prison Break finale! I cant wait till teh fall.

Tuesday: We hopped on a train to Winchester - stopping in Birmingham to take some pictures of Chester Street - for my Trejo Scholarship.
Winchester is the most beautiful place Ive seen yet. I love it here.
It took awhile to get there though as I got stuck on the train, it wouldnt let me oof, so i landed up going to Southampton and then the last 2 handles on my bad broke so I had to pick it up in my arms - 25kg in my arms with a Huge back pack and laptop bag - waht can I say I got guns :)
Also, watched the Da Vinci Code - its s bit of a let down compared to the book, even with Tom Hanks

Thurdsay - I took a bus to Salisbury and say the great cathedral there although winchester, westminster, sailsbury they all look really similar. Then jumped on another bus and guess where I was headed to? Stonehenge!!! It was smaller than I thought, but after taking the tour I realised that those are some heafy rocks!!!

Oh, my laptop died, so not sure if I can get pictures up here for a while, but once I cam back in America I will update.

Saturday: We got a train back to London. We arrived at Victoria at like 10.30AM. We should have arrived at Kew around 11.30AM on a normal day, but they were working on the underground so we had to take 2 trains and 2 busses to get to Kew. We got there jut before 1pm adn I havent felt that exhausted for a long tie. The heat hasnt helped either. Who said it rains in England. Its only rained 2-3 times in London in the 3 weeks Ive been here. Ok, granted it rained EVERY day in Preston, Lancs, but there is some kina heat wave going on here in the South, although I dont think Id take Edinburgs icy wind over this.

Well, its Monday night. Another day of research. I leave on Wednesday morning on the chunnel to Paris. I am excited, but also exhausted. Ive been in the UK for 5 weeks now and before that I was staying at the Coxs for 4 weeks and before that I was at home for 10 weeks and before that I was staying with the Brummers for 3 weeks. So basically I have been living out of a suitcase and travelling since the end of December when I moved out of my apartment in Provo, and here we are in June and I am almost 21st!!!

This may sound like complaining, but I am just tired and have a cold, but really this is an experience I will never get again, its just hard, but then again nothing of worth is painless :)

I am collecting those sew on flags from the countries that I visit and sewing them on my back pack, adn big in the middle is SOUTH AFRICA!!!! Yeah Proudly South African! :)

Anyhoo, Im off, there are a world of things to do. So until the next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OVERALL TOP TEN THINGS ON THE TRIP!

1. Long distance train from Edinburgh to Nottingham: The Eastern English Coast

2. Les Miserables in London

3. The beautiful green parks and all the trees- especially the one in Putney!

4. The London Underground with an Oyster card!!!

5. The Da Vinci Code Walk (after reading the book)

6. Visiting Donna in Glasgow & FRIENDS!!!

7. The National Archives Kew

8. The Wins in Preston

9. LONDON & PRESTON temples

10.Derbyshire - Mr Darcys Home

TOP TEN FOODS IN UK:

1. Yorkie biscuit & rasin chocolate

2. Tescos chocolate Mousse

3. Percy Pigs

4. The hamburger (steak) from the PUB in Kew

5. Pies from GREGGS

6. ASDAs ready made foods

7. Boots - Bluberry Belguim chocolate

8. Marks & Spencers (aka Woolworths in SA) 9. All the Organic Food available

10.

TOP TEN BANDS OR SINDERS IN THE UK & EU:

1. Snow PAtrol.

2. Westlife

3. Coldplay

4. Gnarls Barkley

5. ALL THE TECHNO!