Monday, June 05, 2006

Day 32-35:
Well, been and gone to Nottingham. I arrive in Nottingham after a 6 hour jounry from Glasgow on Wednesday evening. PS I love the long distance trains. I just plug in my laptop or get out a book adn enjoy the scenery!!!

We stayed in the "Comfort Hotel" in the city center (not too comfy at night with a club right outsire our window). We were at the County Record Office for most of the days doing TONS of research, but we did go to the Nottingham Castle and Museum & go on the "Tales of Robin Hood" tour. We unfortunately were not able to go to Sherwood forest, but none the less I loved being in Nottingham, the home of Robin Hood.

Now I am in Derbyshire. The home of Mr Darcy! Arrived here yesterday afternoon. Kari & I are staying with the Shepards in Derby. We have had a great time so far. We e3ven watched the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice. I think I like Mr Darcy from teh new one better though. Matthew McFadden is so HOT!

Today church was great. I met some lovely people including Daniel Lodge & Jessica Shepard. We also had a wonderful time at Elder Mundys (Birmingham Mission President) fireside. I am now even more determined to go on a mission. I am thinking about going home in December and then putt in my papers and go around Feb or March 2007...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OVERALL TOP TEN THINGS ON THE TRIP!

1. Long distance train from Edinburgh to Nottingham: The Eastern English Coast

2. Les Miserables in London

3. The beautiful green parks and all the trees- especially the one in Putney!

4. The London Underground with an Oyster card!!!

5. The Da Vinci Code Walk (after reading the book)

6. Visiting Donna in Glasgow & FRIENDS!!!

7. The National Archives Kew

8. The Wins in Preston

9. LONDON & PRESTON temples

10.Derbyshire - Mr Darcys Home

TOP TEN FOODS IN UK:

1. Yorkie biscuit & rasin chocolate

2. Tescos chocolate Mousse

3. Percy Pigs

4. The hamburger (steak) from the PUB in Kew

5. Pies from GREGGS

6. ASDAs ready made foods

7. Boots - Bluberry Belguim chocolate

8. Marks & Spencers (aka Woolworths in SA) 9. All the Organic Food available

10.

TOP TEN BANDS OR SINDERS IN THE UK & EU:

1. Snow PAtrol.

2. Westlife

3. Coldplay

4. Gnarls Barkley

5. ALL THE TECHNO!