Tuesday, May 02, 2006

DAY TWO:
I was given some advice that I should do highlights of this trip so you can see in a few seconds what up!

HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Arriving in Kew Gardens, Surrey:
This is the home of the National Archives of England where we will be staying for 2 weeks researching. It is a cute little town.

2. Getting lost in Richmond: I went for see where some of the other people in our group were living and see if they wanted to go sightseeing, but first I got lost and then they weren't there. SO basically I spent an hour or so wondering... maybe that counts as exercise?

3. 2nd Bag Breakage: I broke the one handle on my bad on Sunday and the bottom stand today! Maybe the other handle will break on Wednesday? :) I think I may have to invent suitcases you can slide down stairs or drag up? Anyine for a patent?

4. Rugby, Cricket, Netaball: I love that England has similar sports to S. Africa. I was nostalgic.

5. Putney Park: I went to Putney cause I heard someone talk about it long ago. There was a
beautiful park that I walked around. I love how green it is here!

















6: Shopping: I went grocery shopping. You have to be careful cause things look cheap 99p or 50p (pence or cents) but multiply that by to get dollar or 10 for Rands! This money business is dumb! :)

7: Tube: I am getting use to the tube. The direction thing is a bit tricky, casue there are no Wasatch Mountains showing me east! Kellie brought this up tonight and I agree. With no landmark, the W/E things takes time.

8: Fish & Chips: Real fish and real slap chips- Yum. Again my theory or small or starter size is being confirmed. I didn't even really have supper as it was so filling!

9: Weather: I don't know what to wear. Its hot then cold, then looks like its gonna rain so I take a jacket, but NO.. its just the weird British weather. I may have to take Vitamin B soon!



10. Rose & Crown: Tonight we went to a Pub (to eat!). It was different but fun. Behind me is our Professor Sister Doxey then (moving right) Kari Zeller, Kellie Sherbel, Mark Mogan and Marissa Snyder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OVERALL TOP TEN THINGS ON THE TRIP!

1. Long distance train from Edinburgh to Nottingham: The Eastern English Coast

2. Les Miserables in London

3. The beautiful green parks and all the trees- especially the one in Putney!

4. The London Underground with an Oyster card!!!

5. The Da Vinci Code Walk (after reading the book)

6. Visiting Donna in Glasgow & FRIENDS!!!

7. The National Archives Kew

8. The Wins in Preston

9. LONDON & PRESTON temples

10.Derbyshire - Mr Darcys Home

TOP TEN FOODS IN UK:

1. Yorkie biscuit & rasin chocolate

2. Tescos chocolate Mousse

3. Percy Pigs

4. The hamburger (steak) from the PUB in Kew

5. Pies from GREGGS

6. ASDAs ready made foods

7. Boots - Bluberry Belguim chocolate

8. Marks & Spencers (aka Woolworths in SA) 9. All the Organic Food available

10.

TOP TEN BANDS OR SINDERS IN THE UK & EU:

1. Snow PAtrol.

2. Westlife

3. Coldplay

4. Gnarls Barkley

5. ALL THE TECHNO!